Monday, September 25, 2006

More Why Blogs

In reading a blog by Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach she touched on a subject that I have pondered for a while and made it so simple-and perhaps that's the beauty and the solution-make it simple.
I want my students to reflect more effectively and maybe it can be as simple as this?

Learning to Learn
The learning journal assignment is the most important tool in making that transition from learning to learning to learn. There are four big questions to be looking at:

1. What have I learned (today, this week, whenever)?

2. How did I learn it?

3. Could I have learned it better/differently?

4. How could I use what I've learned to benefit someone else. (In other words, could I teach/coach/help someone to learn more effectively based on my experience?)

No comments: