OK I'm back in Oz. And now I have some time to reflect on a few experiences over in that huge shopping mall on the other side of the world.
8 hours to kill in LA before flying on to Portland. What is a girl to do but go shopping? Well there is no other choice for this girl.
But even for a seasoned shopper like myself there were a few eye openers and interesting observations.
So here goes...
Things we don't do in Australia... or things that I haven't seen
- line up in one line and wait to get served (maybe in supermarkets but not in clothes shops)
sign for credit card on LCD screen (we still sign on paper) see pic
get our shoes shined in the street
- buy our newspapers from containers in the street( we buy them at the newsagent or get them delivered)
- have ice skating rinks in the middle of shopping centres with kids learning how to ice skate
- people drving everywhere with mobile phones to their ears. (illegal in Australia)
- people driving on the right hand side of the road
- me having to remember to walk on the right hand side of the street cause I kept on walking into other people
- having to remember to tip people (we don't do it here)
There were lots of other cool things that I saw that I'll add to in the next few days.